Journal of Mathematics Education and Science (JaMES) is one of the journals run by Universitas Nahdlatul Ulama Sunan Giri Bojonegoro. JaMES is an on-line scientific journal and scientific research results in Mathematics and Mathematics Science.
This ethical statement of scientific publication is a statement of ethical code of all parties involved in the process of publication of scientific journals is the manager, editor, bestari partner, and author (author). The Code of Ethics of Scientific Publications essentially upholds three ethics in publications, namely (i) Neutrality, free from conflict of interest in the management of publications; (ii) Justice, authorizes authors to the author; and (iii) Honesty, free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism in publications.
After reading this Scientific Publication Ethic, please download the Ethics Statement and Copyright Agreement. Please sign in and. From Ethics as part of your article submission. The Copyright Agreement must be submitted before the article can be published. The Statement of Ethics and the Copyright Agreement may be by post, email or fax.
Journal Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Determining the name of the journal, scope of science, scaling, and accreditation if necessary.
- Determine the board editor's membership.
- Define the relationship between publishers, editors, bestari partners, and others in a contract.
- Appreciate the things that are confidential, both for contributing researchers, authors / authors, editors, or bestari partners.
- Implementing norms and provisions on intellectual property rights, especially copyright.
- Review the journal policy and submit it to the author / author, editor board, bestari's partner, and reader.
- Make code guidelines behave for editors and partners bestari.
- Publish the journal regularly.
- Ensure the availability of funding sources for the sustainability of journal issuance.
- Build a network of cooperation and marketing.
- Preparing licensing and other legality aspects.
Editor Duties and Responsibilities
- Meeting the needs of readers and authors / authors,
- Seeking continuous improvement of the quality of publications,
- Implementing processes to ensure the quality of published papers,
- Prioritize freedom of expression,
- Maintaining the integrity of the author's academic record,
- Deliver corrections, clarifications, withdrawals and apologies if necessary,
- Responsible for the style and format of writing, while the contents and all statements in the paper is the responsibility of the author / author,
- Actively ask the opinions of authors, readers, bestari partners, and editor board members to improve the quality of publications,
- Encourage assessment of the journal if any findings,
- Support initiatives to reduce research and publication errors by requesting authors to attach an Ethical Clearance form approved by the Ethical Clearance Commission,
- Support initiatives to educate researchers about ethical publications,
- Assessing the effect of the publishing policy on the author / author's attitudes and the bestari's partners and improving them to increase responsibility and minimize errors,
- Have open minds to new opinions or views of others that may be contrary to personal opinion,
- Does not defend its own opinion, author or third party which may result in a non-objective decision,
- Encourage authors / writers, in order to make improvements to the paper to be published.
Mitra Bestari Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtain the task of the editor to review the paper and submit the review to the editor, as a material to determine the feasibility of a paper to be published.
- The reviewer shall not review any paper involving him, whether directly or indirectly
- Maintain the author's privacy by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations by providing criticism, suggestions, feedback, and recommendations
- Encourage authors / authors to make improvements to the papers
- Reviewing the written works that have been improved in accordance with the standards that have been determined.
- The papers are reviewed in a timely fashion according to the published style of scriptures (data collection methods, author's legality, conclusions, etc.).
Author / Writer Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the list of author / writer meets the criteria as the author / writer.
- Collectively responsible for the work and the contents of the article include methods, analysis, calculations, and details.
- Express the origin of the resources (including funding), either directly or indirectly.
- Explain the limitations in the study
- Respond to comments made by the partners in a professional and timely manner.
- Inform the editor if it will retract the paper.
- Make a statement that the papers submitted for publication are original, have not been published anywhere in any language, and are not in the process of submitting to other publishers.